Welcome to the search for a ViableWay of living:
As time permits, I will be writing articles on all the topics listed in:
If you have a request or a question, just email me at ViableWay at Gmail dot com and I will move your request to the top!
ViableWay searches for products, services and changes we can make, that are sustainable and satisfying for both the planet and its people. We know intuitively that the life we are leading is not viable for the long run, but powers work to keep us from seeing the True Cost of the Consumer Lifestyle. We don't need to argue about Global Warming or Armageddon to realize that something needs to change, but what?
- What changes are worth the effort and which are more hassle than helpful?
- Does one person make any difference?
- How do we calculate the True Cost of our lifestyle?
- Does Viable mean Miserable?
I know that I don't want to live in a dreary cell like a prisoner or a third world citizen without water, lights, entertainment or transportation. However, I really want to make informed choices that permit my grandchildren to live in a world better than today.
Your choices are personal, so take a look at some possible changes for today or tomorrow.
- How to reduce housing costs without reducing liveability?
- Room to Roam?
- How can I reduce/reuse/recycle?
- Scrap Metal and You
- Buy Bulk
- Fashion Accessories
- How can I save gasoline? Hint: it is more than just driving less!
- Commute Less...the four day week
- What are the hidden costs of Peak Oil?
- Eat Locally...Farmer Markets
- Links to True Cost information.
- Alternative Energy Sources
- Hidden Taxes
- Hidden Subsidies
- Hidden Clean Up Costs
This is just the start. I will be adding links to the points above to help you decide what you can and will do.
Email me at ViableWay at Gmail dot com to suggest products or ideas for a ViableWay to live.